sift

Saturday, January 22, 2011

Sift

My grandma is one of the kindest and wisest people I know (along with my mom).  She said something to me in recent months that has stuck with me- "Kamber, everything that we go through in life, no matter what, is sifted through God's hands".  She would cup her hands together when she would tell me this.  "There's nothing that happens outside of His understanding".  


This truth has been one of the things that has held me together in the past year.  


I used to honestly think that God was somehow oblivious to my hard times.  In my heart, I knew that wasn't true, but somewhere I started believing a lie.  Something bad happens, and then God swoops down and comes to the rescue.  A half-truth, and a twisted truth.  


I'm starting to not only believe, but also see, how God is in the midst of every struggle.  He even abides in our pain, because He abides in us.  There's absolutely nothing that goes unnoticed.  Yes, bad things happen, hard times happen, fear, anxiety, sin, all of the above.  But nothing happens without Him knowing about it.


Our hearts, our lives are "sifted" through His hands.  

No comments: